Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shopping Day

Today we went to a local shopping market (mall) to buy pearls and jade. At the pearl store, they had what seemed like millions of pearls on strands. You would pick which strand you wanted and they would make your necklace, bracelet or ear rings while you waited. It was neat to see how fast they made them. We then shopped around for traditional Chinese silks for the kids. The boys want a set too. I can't wait to get a picture if them all in them once we are home. This market was not a touristy place you only saw locals and of course our big group of families. Everyone was nice but sometimes the language barrier is a bit difficult. Tonight we all went as a group to a local restaurant. We sat with a family who's brother lives just around the corner from us. Hard to believe you go across the world and make such connections. I can't wait for them to visit us back home.
We are all ready to come home. Especially the boys. They are getting tired of eating the same foods over and over. Breakfast for them- bacon, donut or toast. After 2 weeks of that I'd be sick of it too. Don't get me wrong they have many choices at breakfast. That's just what they are choosing each day. Can you say Flintstone vitamins while we are here. Yes!
Anna is still adjusting well. Have I said she does not like to wear shoes or socks? She wants to take them off while we are out and it's cold here. No ma'am. She doesn't like being told no.. It's funny if I tell her no, she wants Mike, if he tells her no she wants me. I think she's trying to work us over. Not happening. Girl is smart! She is funny, when she goes potty she sings this little song while she goes. At bed time she twirls her hair just before she falls asleep. She loves the stroller. Oh, and she loves to dance. The last few days we have put on music and let the kids dance around and she loves it. She grabs Mikes hands and dances with him. Have I said yet, daddy is smitten with little princess.
Tomorrow the zoo, after we go get her TB skin test checked. Which looks normal to me.
I'm looking forward to the zoo. Hoping for nice weather and no rain.
4 more days. Not looking forward to the long flight home but know we will see smiling faces once we get home. I'm sure I'm going to look like a zombie. Ha.
Love to all. Miss y'all


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for providing us a view into your new family, Amy. It's so exciting to keep up with you all. No surprise about Anna becoming a major Daddy's girl either! Looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

    ReplyDelete