Monday, March 5, 2012

First Night

Yesterday was a day full of lots of emotions. The waiting to get her was brutal. Once we arrived at the civil affairs office, it seemed like in no time she was standing in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. It happened so fast we didn't even get to record it. There we lots of other families their a bit chaotic. Anna Kathryn was scared at first but calmed down very quickly with the help of her big brother Matthew. He was determined to entertain her with his iPod. Crazy! She began to laugh and come out of her shell. Once we left to get back on our bus she was really showing us her lively personality. I couldn't believe how playful and happy she seemed. We went to a local supermarket to buys some basic necessities. That was a bit crazy too with nine other families and an additional 11 children in tow. Our guides Rebecca and Miko are absolutely wonderful. Love them!
Once we returned to the hotel, I decide to change her diaper and to my surprise she wasn't wet. I took her to potty and she went. Wow! She seemed very excited running around our room. Oh my! The boys were really excited too. I finally got a little food down them all and got PJ's on all. Bed time was heart breaking for me. Anna cried and cried, I snuggled her tight and she fell asleep. I tried to let her sleep in her crib but about 30-45 minutes later she began crying again. So this momma just snuggled her up tight, telling her all is okay, we love you and are never going to leave you. After a while, I think from exhaustion she fell asleep. I slept with all three kids in the bed. She did sleep most of the night. PTL.
Today is a full day, we go back civil affairs office at 9am where we do the official paperwork for her adoption. Which will take about 3 hours. Then this afternoon at 3pm we go to the police station to work on her passport documents. It's going to be a long day.
The boys have been real troopers, pray for them to be patient today. Pray for Anna to continue to bond and adjust to us.
Love to all
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment