Thursday, March 8, 2012

7 days here. 7 days to go

We had a fun day at a Folk Art Museum. It was a beautiful building rich in Chinese culture. Our guide walked us through and explained all the meaning of what was carved in the walls. This building was made of a porcelain roof, beautiful wood carved doors. Unbelievable. We also did a little shopping. One man was making paintings with black ink only using his finger nails and the side of his hand to paint. It was amazing. Our little one took a ride in the stroller today and loved it. She has begun to open up more to the boys. She let Ethan love on her and play with her tonight. She does not like her teeth brushed, I think i traumatized her this first night with the toothpaste. We ate at a wonderful restaurant the Cow and Bridge. It's a Thai restaurant. Mike and I loved it. The boys basically tolerated it. In other words we had to force them to eat the food. They at Mc D's again for supper. Mike and I had a really good pizza from an Italian place. I will say I'm missing my home cooking. Ive been thinking about all the foods I want when I get home chickfila never sounded better. Ha The boys are missing eating yogurt and chickfila. . They have yogurt here it just taste different. One thing the boys are eating is ice cream. :)
We also walked across the street to a really nice mall. Wow, it was so expensive. We were looking for a few things for Anna, it's cooler than I planned for her. Thank goodness I found a couple of outfits and they were 1/2 off, still more than I wanted to spend. If you know me well, I don't like to pay full price for clothes, but she had to have a few things. I think on Saturday we will be able to shop in a more reasonable place.
Ethan asked today if we were going home tomorrow. When I told him we had 7 more days. He said "what" you've got to be kidding me.
Yes we are ready to come home too. I can't wait to see all our family and friends. And most of all sleep in my own bed with out 3 kids beside me. We all are finally sleeping a 8-9 hour night. I'm still waking up at 5 am but resting well.
Im sorry if this is so random just getting everything off my mind.
Love to all. Pray for a sweet time with her foster family on Friday( today as i type) Mike and I will take turns visiting with them without Anna present. I'm a little nervous meeting her foster mom. I'm so grateful for all she has done for Anna. She has been well taken care of over this last year. PTL

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, I am just soaking up every word, every picture, every detail! So happy for ya'll! It sounds like Anna Kathyrn is doing so great adjusting and bonding! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete