Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our First Fundraiser for the Daughter of Our Hearts!


This is one of our dear friends Smitty, he is a self proclaimed "chef". He loves to cook and does a great job at it. He helped us raise money for our daughter by teaching a class on how to make Yummy Tiramisu and Creme Brulee. Oh these desserts were divine.
Some of my precious friends came and learned how to make these delicious desserts while donating money for our adoption fund. If you know me well, you know I LOVE to cook. So this was right up my alley.. cooking, eating and socializing with some good friends.




Here's a picture of my friends, Ginger, Kathy and Ginger's daughter Grace and Ruby Caroline. I think we all had fun and enjoyed ourselves.
I can't thank everyone enough for coming to support us on our journey of adoption. I am always blown away with how God provides for us along this journey. It may be a prayer from someone, a phone call, a donation or just someone saying how happy they are for us. God has provided so many confirmations along the way and I'm sure HE will continue to confirm that HE has a precious little girl for our family.
It isn't a coincident that this Sunday's sermon was about Caring for the Fatherless. God has been speaking to us directly each week at church, confirming HIS plan for us. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment